If there’s any doubt the Los Angeles is now the ultimate destination for Halloween fans in the United States, just take a look at our map and chart below. No less than seventeen professional haunted attractions, including dozens of haunted mazes, will be open throughout October for anyone looking for a quality scare.
Last weekend saw the “official” start of the Los Angeles Halloween haunting season, as Knott’s Halloween Haunt and Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights both opened their gates for 2012. But this upcoming weekend the lid to the crypts get blown off, as no less than seven additional attractions will open for the living.
To help you carefully plot of where and when to visit Southern California haunted attractions, we’ve sorted them below for you by opening date, and further below a map so you can coordinate visits by location – some attractions only boast one maze, so why not hit everything in the area to make sure you’re getting your fill of Halloween thrills?
Please let us know if we’re missing any haunted attractions, or if there are any other errors or omissions in our listings, at creepyla at gmail dot com.
Los Angeles Haunted Attractions opening night schedule
- September 21st: Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights (Universal City)
- September 21st: Knott’s Halloween Haunt (Buena Park)
- September 27th: Haunted Play presents Delusion: The Blood Rite (West Adams, Los Angeles)
- September 28th: FearsGate (Oxnard)
- September 28th: Pierce College’s FrightFair (Woodland Hills)
- September 28th: Paranoia Haunted Attraction (Santa Monica)
- September 28th: Haunted Hollywood Sports (Paramount)
- September 28th: The Empty Grave (Anaheim)
- September 30th: Old Town Haunt (Pasadena)
- October 4th: Blumhouse of Horrors (Downtown Los Angeles)
- October 5th: Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (Long Beach)
- October 5th: Coffin Creek (Corona)
- October 5th: Los Angeles Haunted Hayride (Griffith Park, Los Angeles)
- October 5th: Reign of Terror (Thousand Oaks)
- October 5th: Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest (Valencia)
- October 5th: Hell Break LA (Hollywood)
- October 13th: Heritage Haunt (Santa Clarita)
- October 13th: Ghost Train at Los Angeles Live Steamers (Griffith Park, Los Angeles)
- October 19th: Boney Island (Sherman Oaks)
- TBA: Sinister Pointe (Brea)
[ajaxgrid cats="790" nomoremsg="More attractions will be added as reported."]