The newest in the “Weird” series of books is officially out today, this one focusing on the weirdest city of all… “Weird Hollywood.”
This Friday night from 8pm to 10pm, writer Joe Oesterle, a number of the book’s subjects, and other special guests will be at the legendary Boardners bar off Hollywood Blvd. to mingle, sign books, and share some of the weirder tales Los Angeles has been host to.
CreepyLA is co-hosting this crazy shindig and we’d love all of our readers to stop by and check out this free event.
Confirmed appearances so far include:
- Karie Bible (from Film Radar, and more notoriously rumored to be the Lady In Black)
- Scott Michaels (celebrity death expert, owner/operator of Dearly Departed Tours)
- Count Smokula (horror host, songwriter)
- Dennis Woodruff (yeah, that guy with the cars)
- Richard Carradine (GHOULA founder, author of The Park After Dark: An Unauthorized Guide to the Happiest (Haunted) Place on Earth)
- Christopher Dennis (Hollywood Blvd.’s “Superman”)
- Steve Goldstein (author of LA’s Graveside Companion: Where the VIPs RIP)
- Donna Lethal (sassy Hollywood afficionado and writer)
- Lynn Garrett (founder, Hidden LA)
- David Markland (creator, CreepyLA)
- Pending: Angelyne (billboard queen)
- Pending: Legendary celebrity interviewer and public access host Skip E. Lowe
More to be added – feel free to check back here for additional updates, or visit the event’s Facebook page.
Grab a copy of the book at your nearest Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, or directly from Joe at the event.
Friday, October 8th, 8pm – 10pm; Boardners, 1652 N. Cherokee, Hollywood; Free!