For the last few years, John Rozum has challenged a variety of fellow bloggers to post at least one Halloween related item a day for the month of October in an event known as the Countdown to Halloween. As a tribute to this awesome effort which now includes nearly 90 participating sites, I’ll try and encapsulate some of this awesome content throughout the month at Creepy Links.
If you happen to have a blog and think you’re up to the challenge, check out the main Countdown to Halloween site and send a message to John asking for inclusion.
Now, some creepy linkage:
- Fellow Angeleno “Halloween Addict” provides a collection of printable costume masks, from very simple Ziggy Stardust and Star Wars characters to a slightly more complex, but still stupidly simple “flesh face.”
- The Cavalcade of Awesome takes a peek at some Halloween and fall themed treats popping up at the grocery store.
- Branded in the 80’s will be profiling a different movie monster every day, and starts things off with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- The Drunken Severed Head reprints an article Ray Bradbury wrote for TV Guide in 1993 called, “The Birth of the Boos: Everything You Need To Know About Halloween Ghosts and Goblins.”
- A few Countdown bloggers are also graciously sharing some of their favorite rare or out of print horror soundtracks or other musical treats for the Halloween season. Today, Azatoth has up “Creepshow,” and Universal Horror Sounds provides a Halloween ’09 sampler pack.
Plenty more where this all came from – visit Countdown to Halloween for a directory of all participating bloggers.