Six Flags Magic Mountain just phoned in with their updates for this year’s Fear Fest, including three new mazes, four new scare zones, and a Halloween twist on the popular Batman ride.
A new apocalyptic and zombie infused maze called The Aftermath is decribed as “one of the largest mazes in Southern California.” The two additional new mazes is the Dia De Los Muertos Themed “Chupacabra,” and the werewolf lore laden “Cursed.”
Most of Magic Mountain’s thrill rides also dress up for the Halloween spirit, among them “Foggy Nights at Batman: The Ride,” as “one of Gotham’s most notorious villains has released fear toxin into the night air.” Rollercoaster “Colussus” will run backwards for the month of October, while “Apocalypse,” “Tatsu,” “Viper,” “The Riddler’s Revenge” and “Goliath” will operate with the lights out.
Fright Fest will be open October 7, 9, 16, 23, 30 & 31 – 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m; October 8 – 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and October 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 – 10:30 a.m. to midnight. Admission to Fright Fest is included in regular Six Flags Magic Mountain admission, but an additional $8 wristband is required for entry into the mazes.
Below check out additional details of Fright Fest mazes and scarezones, shows, and kid friendly events. (images provided by Six Flags)
- NEW! THE AFTERMATH: Enter a post apocalyptic city where nomad warriors rule with bone-crushing iron fists and the dead stalk the living. (Not intended for children under 12.)
- NEW! CHUPACABRA: Come face to face with this elusive blood-thirsty creature as it terrorizes a local Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festival. (Not intended for children under 12.)
- NEW! CURSED: There is always a full moon over this cursed land where gypsies roam and werewolves hunt for blood. (Not intended for children under 12.)
- BITE II: The sexy and sinister are out for a BITE in this recently uncovered nest of the undead. Will you be the one to get bit? (Not intended for children under 12.)
- LECTER’S SLAUGHTERHOUSE: Step on these deadly docks and enter the world of the celebrity butcher taking wretched revenge on the bowels of society. (Not intended for children under 12.)
- WILLOUGHBY’S HAUNTED MANSION: Horror awaits you at the Granddaddy of all Six Flags Magic Mountain mazes … there’s hair-raising terror around each nightmarish turn and dreadful screams down the long twisting hallways. (This attraction is
- not intended for children.)
- JOKESTER’S HIDEOUT 3D: Sneak through an all black-light hideout and catch a 3D peek of the funny projects on which the Jokester and his crew are working. But watch your back…sideshow clowns run amuck!
- WAREHOUSE 13: The ultimate test of bravery is at the toxic warehouse where employees are less than happy about seeing
- visitors. Be forewarned, work is mandatory and escape impossible.
- NEW! GYPSY HOLLOW: Evil gypsies and werewolves own this territory and blood is their bounty.
- NEW! THE WASTELANDS: Barbarian humanoids rule this land and dare you to enter The Aftermath.
- NEW! NIGHTMARES – A TWISTED TALE: This evil nightmare has never been so edgy as your favorite bedtime stories take on a new and twisted tale.
- NEW! HILLBILLY MASSACRE: A family of demonic, backwoods folk have been hunting for new exotic skins, human skin is most
- CITY UNDER SIEGE: The insane and unruly run rampant in the streets of DC UNIVERSE. Prepare to feel really uncomfortable
- with these comic-like characters running amuck.
- EXILE HILL: Banished from mortality, this hillside taunts creatures haunting the grounds as caretakers of the Willoughby estate.
THRILLS BY NIGHT
- NEW! Foggy Nights at BATMAN The Ride: One of Gotham’s most notorious villains has released fear toxin into the night air.
- X2: AREA 19: Get launched on a high-speed, heart-pounding journey through an abandoned facility taken over by aliens.
- COLOSSUS—BACKWARDS! (A Fright Fest Exclusive): Experience one of the largest, most celebrated coasters in the world – BACKWARDS! That’s right, backby popular demand. Travel nearly one mile on this dual track wooden coaster all while sitting completely backwards!
- SPINNING THUMPER BUMPERS: Pulsating sounds rock the craziest bumper cars into a totally new and extreme driving experience.
- TERROR TRACKS – RIDES IN THE DARK! Face your fears with the lights off! Your favorite thrills in the dark on Apocalypse, Tatsu, Viper, THE RIDDLER’s Revenge and Goliath. Something so “twisted” would only happen during Fright Fest.
- NEW! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD: A Pop/Glam Rock musical spectacular with the music of Bon Jovi, Rhianna, Michael Jackson and more.
- NEW! DR. FRIGHT’S CARNEVIL: The freaks are out in this rock ‘n’ roll musical and comedy review. This talented group of misfits will perform the hits of Guns ‘n’ Roses, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.
- HIGH SIERRA HYPNOTIST: This amusing show stars the members of the audience. Guests who are chosen to be put “under hypnosis” will perform hysterical exploits never to be imitated “under consciousness.”
- gRAVE: Dance, trance, resurrection! This is the gRAVE everyone is dying for.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS:
- NEW! WITCH HAZEL’S PUMPKIN PATCH CRAFTS: Crafted especially for our younger guests to stretch their imaginations.
- KID SCARYOKE: Be a star in this very rockin’ Halloween party! Sing, play or dance, either way all eyes are on you in this moment of fame.
- A LOONEY TUNES TRICK OR TREAT ADVENTURE: Kids (under 48”) and parents walk with Looney Tunes friends through Bugs Bunny World where they will find tantalizing treats along the way.
- LOONEY TUNES CHARACTERS: Grab your camera and meet your favorite Looney Tunes characters in their Halloween costumes.
- NEW FRIGHT FEAST!: Enjoy an exclusive Fright Fest show and delicious meal at Mooseburger Lodge.